Core Sensor 2 Bar / Sensor 2+
CORE Sensor 2 Bar
LIGHT. DIRECT. SAFE.
Starting at $479.00
Core Sensor 2 Item Description
Your session’s awesomeness depends heavily on your gear. We believe the Sensor 2 control bar system contributes much more than you would think to kite performance. And it’s what you don’t see that makes our bars so unbelievably good. The functional know-how we hide inside and the minimalist design on the outside gives our bars the signature CORE confidence you expect. And the safety features you rely on.
The Sensor 2 bar is now joined by the new Sensor 2S and Sensor 2S Pro. Two new bars with more tech wizardry that you can’t even see at first glance. Regardless of your bar selection, The CORE Sensor 2 bar system will provide you with the lightest, safest, and most direct feeling bar on the market. Because we sell more than just cool bars. We sell confidence.
Meet the Sensor 2. This innovative bar is our go-to bar for all of our kites. R&D is a priority here at CORE. We work very hard to bring leading edge materials and ideas to control bar development while maintaining its functional simplicity and safety. One look at a CORE bar is all it takes to appreciate the quality, precision, and the technology. But the real magic remains hidden. Take for example a comfortable grip that needs a thin bar. To create an indestructible bar with the lightest, narrowest grip possible required thinking outside the box. Thinking that led to a titanium truss construction. Wearing thick gloves in 8C temps isn’t a big deal with our Sensor 2 bar. The German engineered, titanium cored, Sensor 2 bar is: Simplicity in design. State-of-the-art in function. And absolutely safe. But if that’s still not enough for you, we have the new Sensor 2S or Sensor 2S Pro.
230G UNIBODY BAR
- Made in Germany. The featherlight, unibody bar comes in at a mere 230g. The key to the Sensor 2’s light and super direct feel is found in its low mass and low bar-end height. Inertia is reduced and leverage is optimized. The Sensor 2 sports a deeply contoured EVA grip for long lasting comfort and excellent hold. The reduced diameter grip makes even gloved sessions more comfortable and less fatiguing.
SUPPORTED SINGLE FRONTLINE SAFETY (SSF)
- Exclusive to CORE. When the Rotor quick release is activated, the kite will fully depower and come to rest in a ‘drift launch-ready’ position (nose to wind) until you are ready. The benefits here are twofold. The kite stays put and does not want to relaunch into the sky. And there is no pull on the lines while the kite is in ‘drift launch-ready’ position simplifying the process of re-engaging the Rotor quick release. So how does SSF work and why does the kite not ‘turtle’ and stay in the air? The answer is that the kite does not flag out on one front line or equally on 2 front lines. SSF releases 100% of the back lines and flags the kite mainly on one front line. But sufficient tension remains on the other front line to steer the kite down. So in effect, it is the slight (unequal) tension on the other front line that prevents the kite from turtling and remaining sky bound.
- Easy, one line, trim adjustment for those who prefer simplicity. Our clam cleat design reduces pulling effort by 25% which is noticeable in powered conditions.
ROTOR QUICK RELEASE
- The only 2-way quick release you do not have to think about. Releasing the kite is as simple as turning the mechanism in either direction for a simple, safe and intuitive process. It’s well known that more torque can be generated twisting than pushing or pulling. Unlike conventional systems, our quick release does not require you to overcome the flow of water. The Rotor sets the standard for ease of use, safety, and performance.
Another advantage of the Rotor over conventional push/pull systems is size. The Rotor is shorter, lighter and more compact than those other systems. All things being equal, a shorter Rotor permits a closer trim adjuster location. And who would not want to have a shorter reach to the trim adjuster?
- Functional simplicity. Untwisting your front lines after looping your kite is as simple as pulling in the bar. Front line twists only occur below the Sensor 2 bar. A below the bar swivel unravels the front lines when the bar is pulled in. The days of manually spinning the front line swivel are over. Welcome to the era of auto untwist!
- One bar covers all our kite sizes. From 4 to 19m! Nice. The Sensor 2 bar width is adjustable from 46cm to 52cm by moving one knot. The best design ideas are the simple ones. Switching widths is as easy as 1. Pull back the floater exposing the bar end leader. 2. Undo larks head knot on the back line where it attaches to the bar leader. 3. Pull on the opposite bar leader knot and reconnect larks head. Simple. And unbreakable.